Monday, August 18, 2008

I'm now a Microsoft Student Ambassador

The Microsoft Student Champ program in Sri Lanka, hosted by Microsoft Lanka Pvt. Ltd. has been something that I've been taking part in for the last two years. The program consists of two groups of students who take part in various volunteer activities conducted by Microsoft in Sri Lankan universities and colleges. They are, Student Champs and Student Ambassadors. Student champs are anybody who take part, whilst ambassadors are people who lead various activities. I was invited to be a Student Ambassador last Monday. A complete list of Student Ambassadors can be found here.

After being elected as Student Ambassadors, we were also invited to Microsoft's Technical Communities Open Day 2008. More information on that can be found here. It was day full of activities and fun. Must say that I enjoyed it a lot. During the event, I also got a small award recognizing my contributions to the student champ community and also various other technical presentations done for students.

As a student ambassador, my role incorporates updating and notifying the student champ community regarding various activities that are to be held. I will be sharing the responsibility with Bhashitha Jayawardhane.

No comments: